Monday, June 11, 2018

Eat Cake. Be Brave

Eat Cake. Be Brave - that's a new book that I was selected to prescreen and talk about.  The author, Melissa Radke, is from my hometown and she is REALLY funny!  I mean, I've actually seen her in real life you know?  Her kids go to school with my grands and she does these funny Facebook videos - she's hilarious and she's REAL. 

So when I saw she was writing a book and looking for people to read and hype it up, didn't take me long to sign up!  I finally got to sit down and start reading it last night and I could. not. put. it. down!  I finally did - because I had to get up and go back to work today...but it was really that good.  Of course it's cool that I know some of the places and people she references, but more than that it was the real and raw emotion she talks about.  Yes it's hilarious, like her, but she puts herself out there and opens up with real things that happened in her life, and many of them are not funny at all. 

I'll finish it up tonight - but I promise if you read this book you will see yourself in there.  You will empathize and hate the mean girls and realize we all go through the same stuff.  It's also a wake up call to BE BRAVE.  That is hard for me - but by this book I am inspired!

Go check out her Facebook page @MelissaRadkeStretchMarks.  Watch her videos.  Pre-order your copy.  and BE BRAVE!

#EatCakeBeBrave #ecbb #melissaradke

No comments: