Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving...

is upon us! I am ready for a three-day work week, and eating too much with our family and friends on Thursday!!!

Wade and I celebrated 17 years of marriage on Saturday!!! I don't think I could've imagined staying together for this long back when we first got married, but here we are - better than ever, I suppose!! We were going to go away for the weekend, but instead decided to get rid of the kids :) and hang around the house ALONE. It was great - we spent Saturday out on the town shopping (which we never do together), then had a glass of wine and went back out for dinner and a movie. It was so nice - just to relax, not be on a schedule, enjoy each other's company.

Then Sunday the kiddos came home and it was back to the real world LOL!!!!

The kids are out of school this week, so that is one stress I'm not managing today. Wade is back to work for three days and I still have schoolwork, but I think I can make it. We were supposed to go to Nana's Thursday, but her boyfriend is having surgery so we will stay home and have everyone else come to our house. Then Friday I BOYCOTT all BLACK FRIDAY activities, and stay home and put up my Christmas decorations. The kids love it, and it will hopefully get me in the mood for the holidays this year. I am always thankful for the TRUE reason for Christmas, but it's been a very hard year. Meggan and Em and Jacob will be here Christmas Eve, so we should all have a great holiday together.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments: