Tuesday, December 22, 2009

No better...

OKAY, so I haven't gotten any better about keeping up with posts! Between schoolwork, kids, work and life...this has gone to the back burner.
However, this is shaping up to be one of the best Christmases ever!!! The kids will be here today (Meggan, Jacob & Emalyn!) and my Auntie is driving in today as well from A-town. Rachel will be here this week, and Sunday everyone will get together for Em's 1st birthday party. If only my Daddy were here, it WOULD be the best Christmas ever!!! We will have a great holiday, though, I just know it. Emalyn's FIRST CHRISTMAS will be the best!!
My hubby turned 4-1 on Sunday (the 20th). Personally, I don't think that's so old...and he's still very handsome! We ate out with our parents and had a great day. Having birthdays this close to Christmas kinda stinks, but we always try to do something special. I think there were about four others at Cafe del Rio with birthdays as well, judging from all the singing going on by the waitstaff!!!!
I will post more and get some pics up after this celebration week. In the midst of all of this celebrating Christmas - and the real meaning of it, which is the birth of Jesus, which should never get lost in all of the gift buying and running around we do!!! - remember those who have lost someone dear to them and will not be having the best holiday. It seems like here lately there has been quite a bit of death, especially among young people, and even if it has been several months, this is the first Christmas to deal with that loss. I am praying for those and lifting them up...I remember what that first holiday was like without my Daddy. You can get through it, but it is not fun or easy.
Now, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a VERY VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS...and as I always say....HAPPY HOLLYdays!!!!!!

No comments: