Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Update

Well, it was an exciting weekend, to say the least!

Friday, I got to go to lunch with my friend Susie - she took me to Mar Teres (known around here as the Tea Room) for my birthday. That is one fabulous place to eat! We had the Luau Salad, a fairly new item I hadn't tried. It was WONDERFUL!!!! Of course I had almond tea, which I LOVE! Then a cookie for dessert. It was great.

Friday night was supposed to be a night for me to get some things done and put up around the house. I was in full swing about 9:30, when Wade called. He had stayed out after work to fish with some of his friends, was cutting bait and slid the knife right into his hand between the thumb and forefinger. NICE! He told me to get the hydrogen peroxide and super glue out! Of course, when he got home, it was not a big cut, but it was very deep. As he probably hasn't had a tetanus shot in 10 years or more, I had the bright idea that he really should go to the ER, just to be safe.

Well, needless to say, the ER was an experience! We were there for awhile before they called Wade back. There are definitely some characters in an emergency room at 11 pm.!!

We finally got home around 3 am - with a few stitches, a tetanus shot and some antibiotics.

Man, I was exhausted!
Saturday, we slept till almost 10 am! I really needed to get up and work on the house and do some grocery shopping early, but none of that happened. We all got dressed, dropped Morgan off to babysit, and the rest of us headed to Target and Sam's (With a stop in between at Hobby Lobby). Our friends The Carlisles came over for the afternoon. All the kids got in the pool, and we adults hung out having a BBQ. It was HOT!
For dessert we had a little homemade ice cream. It was delicious - and hit the spot.
Sunday Wade had to work, and the rest of us slept in (yes, we skipped church again. I know - I know!) I pretty much laid up in bed until about 2 pm - then got up and did a few loads of laundry. But most of the day I laid around - I had a pretty good sinus headache, so I probably needed the rest.
Monday was back to work for everyone. After work I ran over to WalMart with Meggan & Emalyn to pick up a few things, and decided to see about Sam's. Well, lo & behold - there was a table & chairs that I needed. Counter heighth, 8 stools, butterfly leaf, antique cherry...PERFECT! So I got my brother to come over and trade car for truck, then headed home to put it all together (RIGHT!) I think we got one chair done!
Tuesday David & I ran over to Lowe's to check out rug prices. Our new furniture should be in sometime this month, but I still don't have a big rug for the living room. I may have to break down and buy the one at the furniture store that costs $700!!! Maybe I'll check out IKEA first, though. They did have a 5x8 for only $68 that would be perfect in the dining room.
Tuesday evening Wade & I spent about 3 1/2 hours putting the legs on the table and assembling the other 7 chairs. It was kinda hard work, but SO worth it in the end! It looks great. Now if I can just get everything cleared out and get my house put together - I'll feel better!
Today it's just HOT! Not much else going on.
Tomorrow my baby boy will be 11 years old! Meggan & Em are heading to NC for a visit, so we'll be taking them to the Houston airport and heading on down to the beach! Pictures and updates will follow!

No comments: